Kickstart, partitioning, differing disk space

Shabazian, Chip chip.shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Mon Nov 9 20:20:15 UTC 2009

# Default value for disks (27G layout)
BOOTSIZE=256
ROOTSIZE=8192
VARSIZE=8192
SWAPSIZE=2048
BANKTOOLSIZE=8192
GRIDSIZE=0

# check for small disk sizes < default 27G layout:
if [ ${DISKSIZE} -lt 27648 ]
then
        # create small disk (16G layout)
        ROOTSIZE=5120
        VARSIZE=5120
        SWAPSIZE=2048
        BANKTOOLSIZE=3072
fi

# force it if it's a VMware system with more than 20G of space
dmidecode | grep Manufacturer | head -1 | grep -q VMware
then
        # create small disk xen/vmware (16G layout)
        ROOTSIZE=5120
        VARSIZE=5120
        SWAPSIZE=2048
        BANKTOOLSIZE=3072