AW: Kickstart using static IP address

Simon Reber S.Reber at lcsys.ch
Fri Nov 27 14:47:09 UTC 2009

Hi List,

It seems that I have found the problem.
After I've entered the IP address information, anaconda is downloading the kickstart file and parsing it directly.
Unfortunately do I configure the network information in the %pre section and include it afterwards
	Like: %include /tmp/network-include

And since the kickstart parse does not find anything network related at the first time it parse the file it switches back to DHCP:
>From anaconda log:

file location http://<address>/ks.cfg
transferring ks
setting up kickstart
kickstartFromUrl
result of url ks
setting language to
need to setup networking
going to pick interface
going to do getNetConfig
sending dhcp request through device eth0

Does anyone has an idea, how I can avoid that anaconda is switching back to DHCP (meaning using the information I've entered)?

Thanks and all the best,
Si