3rd Party Software Install - Kickstart

Moray Henderson (ICT) Moray.Henderson at ict.om.org
Tue Oct 20 16:15:50 UTC 2009

Arvind wrote:
Hi Folks,

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to install 3rd party software as part of kickstart post installation process. If it can be then provide me some pointers as to how I can achieve it.

Thank you,
AN.
Yes, it’s possible in a number of ways, depending a little on which OS version you are installing and how you are doing it.  Probably the easiest is to have your software available in a yum repository available via http.  Then you can use a repo option to add that as a source for package installation (see kickstart docs at http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-options.html)  and you should just be able to add your software to the %packages section.

See also http://www.shabazian.com/lw2007.pdf for more Kickstart Tips and Tricks.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"