convert dhcp network config to static config after kickstart

Jodok Ole Muellers muellejo at aschendorff.de
Tue Sep 22 08:21:04 UTC 2009

Hello,

I kickstart my systems using dhcp for the network config ( network --bootproto=dhcp )

Once the system is set up I would like to convert the
network interface eth0 to use static configuration
by using the current IP, GW, DNS, NETMASK assigned by dhcp
and write them to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
since the DHCP server is not high available.

I was wondering if there is already a solution script to do that.

Thanks
Jodok