Few questions

Arthur Lutz arthur.lutz at logilab.fr
Mon Sep 28 15:46:49 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:00:47AM -0400, Alan McKay wrote:
> > * add a user (for some reason I get a prompt for root password but no
> >  user creation). Do I have to use firstboot for this ?
>
> I do this in my kickstart %post and it works fine
>
> /usr/sbin/adduser amckay -p '$1$SGsRpvZG$4JInUk0a.zIoUhboL39v./'
>
> To get the encrypted string just take it from an existing password file.

Thanks for the advice, the thing is that I don't know the username
before hand.

I've got that point to work by using firstboot with a limitied number
of scripts in the used modules (filtred in a %post)

--
Arthur LUTZ                                    LOGILAB, Paris (France)
Développement logiciel avancé - Intelligence Artificielle - Formations