Issue in ks.cfg (anaconda-13.21.56-1.el6)

sashi kiran kiran.sashi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:42:47 UTC 2010

*Description of problem:*

We use RHEL 6 (snapshot 7) for unattended OS deployment. In the ks.cfg, we
used
python in %pre section to find hard disk. The python module "kudzu" is not
find
in RHEL6, which we where using for all our unattended deployments. Also we
used
doGetBiosDisk function from isys module to find the bios boot disk. This
function also seems deprecated. Please suggest the alternate for kudzu
module
and doGetBiosDisk.

*Code Snippet:*

%pre --interpreter=/usr/bin/python
import kudzu,string,sys
bootDisk=isys.doGetBiosDisk("80")
disks=kudzu.probe(kudzu.CLASS_HD,kudzu.BUS_UNSPEC,kudzu.PROBE_ALL)

*Version-Release number:
*RedHat EL 6 (snapshot 7)
anaconda-13.21.56-1.el6

Any help is highly appreciated.