driver (5.4)

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Tue Aug 17 12:47:17 UTC 2010

We are installing plenty of machines.  For them we have to specify
"dd" and then during installation it will ask us for a driver disk.
We have on floppy and on USB drive.  Floppy works always (it can read it).
USB drive for some reason works only the first time.  Afterwards we get
a "failed to mount disk" message.

Anyway I figure there must be a way either to have the driver image on
a network somewhere that I can access, or build it right into the Cent OS 5.4
installation disk.  That is, in the kick start file somehow specify
dd=http:// or ftp:// or something, or create a new installation disk
(which I have done many times before) with the additional driver (MegaSR)
in it (which I have never done before).

Is there some way to locate and specify an additional driver without the
necessity of having to put it on a separate floppy or USB thumb drive
and needing special hardware (floppy reader, thumb drive) not to mention a
free USB port?