Identifying boot device

Lance Gropper streamscalelance at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:55:19 UTC 2010

Hello All:

I am wondering if there is a way to identify what device is running the
kickstart file? I am working on a kickstart USB key, and on some systems, it
comes up as /dev/sdb, sometimes /dev/sda, and sometimes /dev/hda...Knowing
what device the kickstart is running from will tell me what device I am
installing to...i.e. if I am booting from /dev/sdb, I'm installing to
/dev/sda. If I'm booting from /dev/sda, I'm installing to /dev/hda. If I am
booting from /dev/hda, I'm installing to /dev/sda.

Lance