Results of a test of pykickstart with fedora-electronics-lab lickstart

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 21:34:37 UTC 2010

> 1. The out.ks file includes a directive
> > %include fedora-live-base.ks
>
> which it should not as it already has data from the parent kickstart file.

This does seem like a legitimate bug - the %include directive and the
contents of the include itself should not both be written out.  There
are two ways to fix this, then:

(1) Don't write out the %include directive, or
(2) Don't write out the contents of the included file.

pykickstart has no way of knowing what file a piece of data came from,
which makes (2) really difficult.  Therefore, it seems like (1) is the
easiest way to solve this problem.  Does anyone see a problem with doing
this?

> 2. While running the script I get the warning:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykickstart/commands/partition.py:249:
> UserWarning: A partition with the mountpoint / has already been
> defined.
>   warnings.warn(_("A partition with the mountpoint %s has already been
> defined.") % pd.mountpoint)
>
> The out.ks file contains two partition directives
> part / --fstype="ext4" --size=3072 #from the parent KS
> part / --size=8192 #from the child KS
>
> which should not be the case as the part directive in the child ks
> should override the part directive of the parent ks.

I don't think it's pykickstart's place to decide what to do about
multiply defined partitions.  I can imagine that's useful information to
someone, at least.  And, we do raise a warning about it so you can do
something if you choose to.

- Chris