use install paramter in postinstall script

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Thu Mar 25 22:04:40 UTC 2010

Aleks,

/proc/cmdline should be available in %post as well. So if you want to use
it in the %post section, simply read and parse it from there again.

Or something I did a lot was along these lines:

  %pre
  # keep the command line used to kickstart
  cat /proc/cmdline >/tmp/ks.cmdline
  %post --nochroot
  # keep some stuff from the installation
  cp /tmp/ks.cmdline /mnt/sysimage/root/ks.cmdline
  %post
  # do something here with /root/ks.cmdline

Hope this helps,

Kurt