Simple way to update kickstart RPM files?

whitivery co55-sy1t at dea.spamcon.org
Sat Oct 2 07:16:38 UTC 2010

Jim Wildman <jim at rossberry.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, whitivery wrote:
>
>> I would like to merge the updates back to the kickstart server.
>
>Use mrepo or lftp (or favorite mirror tool) to mirror the centos
>updates tree onto your build server.  Add the update repo to the server
>you build as part of kickstart.  Run yum -y update in %post...

Thanks - but I'd like to try a 1-step solution first (no yum update
needed, just install the latest versions in the first place).  Reading
about mrepo, it seems to be for online use.  I should have mentioned that
this kickstart server is on a standalone network.  To update it I'd get
the needed files some other way, then copy them to the server.