Use entire disk as PV.

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 16:41:59 UTC 2011

Hi

----- Mensaje original -----
> De: "Andy Speagle" <andy.speagle at wichita.edu>
> Para: "Discussion list about Kickstart" <kickstart-list at redhat.com>
> Enviados: Jueves, 28 de Abril 2011 17:57:23
> Asunto: RE: Use entire disk as PV.

> > > Have you tried something like:
> > >
> > > part pv.01 --size=1 --grow --ondisk=sdb
> >
> > Aye... I think the problem with it is the entire "part" command...
> > it's
> > creating a partition. There just doesn't seem to be a way to use a
> > disk
> > without partitioning it first.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> > I would've thought volgroup would be the way to go but reading the
> > docs it
> > seems like you have to create a partition:
> >
> > Volgroup:
> > Create the partition first, create the logical volume group, and
> > then
> > create the logical volume. For example:
> > part pv.01 --size 3000
> > volgroup myvg pv.01
> > logvol / --vgname=myvg --size=2000 --name=rootvol
>
> Aye... precisely the issue. There's no way to get around the partition
> is would seem. Is there perhaps another way to get this configure
> using a %pre script? Or do I need to start looking at adding
> functionality to anaconda?

%pre
set $(list-harddrives)
d1=$1 # 1st hd device

lvm pvcreate $d1
lvm vgcreate "Test" $d1

and then setup logvols or just keep creating with lvm

Regards
Pablo

--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
Senior Global Profesional Services Consultant (RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCE, RHCSP) #804006196923216