probe drives in during %pre in kickstart

Andy Kannberg andy.kannberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:43:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

For RHEL5 kickstarts, we use the isys module (from anaconda) to probe which
and how many drives are available in the system.
However, when trying to install a RHEl6 system with, it fails in the pre
part because the function hardDriveDict has been removed from isys.
A googlesearch pointed me to the direction of minihal as a replacement for
isys.DriveDict. However, currently it is not clear to me where I can find
the minihal module and how I should import this module in the pre-phase of
the kickstart.

Can anyone shed a light on this ?

cheers,
Andy