boot cd-rom network install on system with no display using vnc

Peter Allen peter.allen.5000 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 19:23:34 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply.  I can connect a console but I am just curious.  It is
intuitive that if a system can boot from and start on its own from the hard
disk or from a live cd then there would be some option to place directives
on a network install boot cd-rom that would tell the system how to connect
to the network and where to find the install files, and to find the
kickstart file on said boot cd

If this is not possible, at least it would be nice if I could somehow
remotely enter commands after the machine boots from the cd, like via
telnet, putty, or VNC

I guess my goal is simply to somehow install without a keyboard or monitor
connected to the machine using only one cd-rom and Internet access via dhcp.

It seems like there may be options in isolinux.cfg for this??

Peter

  _____