help with network configuration

engine waj at mycluster.cn
Sun Jan 23 14:37:19 UTC 2011

maybe there is something wrong with your spell,please verify '–hostname',it  '--' not '–'

That’s what I ended up doing.

I change the host name in /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network, and I manually reconfigure ethX by playing with the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX files. Everything is done in a %post section.

I just wished there was an easier way to configure networking in the kickstart configuration file.

Have a nice day

GV