Question about remote syslog logging during kickstart

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 19:33:43 UTC 2011

Hi All,

This is related with remote syslog logging during kickstart in %pre and
%post.

Is there a way I can utilize what Anaconda is using to do remote syslog
logging?

I tried to write a Python script that invokes on the syslog.syslog()
function but no luck.  It is only logging to the local /tmp/syslog file.  Is
there a way I can get it to log to a remote syslog server?

Thanks!!

David