[SOMEWHAT SOLVED] Question about remote syslog logging during kickstart

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:42:25 UTC 2011

In case anyone would like to know, Below is my current solution.  Basically
I am using Anaconda Python logging facility.

Please let me know if anyone has any more alternative solutions.

Thanks,

David

#!/usr/bin/python
import syslog
import time
import sys
sys.path.append("/mnt/runtime/usr/lib/anaconda")
from anaconda_log import logger
import logging
def main():
    log = logging.getLogger("anaconda")
    logger.addSysLogHandler(log, <remote syslog server ip>)
    counter = 0
    while True:
        counter = counter + 1
        msg = "TESTING: %d" % counter
        log.info(msg)
        time.sleep(1)
# This module represents the scope in which the interpreter's
# main program executes
if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()