need test cases

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Mon Jun 6 11:18:21 UTC 2011

On Friday 03 Jun 2011 16:08:25 Chris Lumens wrote:
> What I could use is a little imagination here.  If you have a kickstart
> file that does anything interesting as far as %pre/%post/%traceback
> scripts, %includes, etc., I would like to see it and include it as a
> test case with your permission.  I'm not really interested in the
> commands themselves, and I'm not especially interested in the contents
> of the scripts (that is, if you have some huge script that generates
> partitioning, it's not really helpful as a test for this).
>
> So, what do you have?

Not much left if you cut contents of the scripts out, here's mine (URLs, IPs and passwords substituted):

# Kickstart config file generated by Spacewalk Config Management
# Profile Label : centos-5-i386-testing
# Date Created  : 2011-03-14 11:55:32.0

install
text
network --bootproto static --device eth0 --ip 10.5.0.16 --netmask 255.255.0.0 --gateway 10.5.0.90 --nameserver 10.5.0.153,10.5.0.173 --hostname
test04
url --url http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/centos-5.5-i386
lang en_GB.UTF-8
keyboard uk
zerombr
clearpart --all --initlabel
bootloader --location mbr
timezone --utc Europe/London
auth --enablemd5 --enableshadow
rootpw --iscrypted $1$xSM0PmxP$lK.i7J88n9EEh/u.c2vcF/
reboot
skipx
key --skip
services --enabled=httpd,nfs,snmpd,ntpd --disabled=pcscd,smartd
repo --name=vmware-tools-5-i686 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/vmware-tools-5-i686/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=centos-5-updates-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/centos-5-updates-i386/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=hgs-nonfree-5-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/hgs-nonfree-5-i386/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=centos-5-extras-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/centos-5-extras-i386/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=spacewalk-client-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/spacewalk-client-i386/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=epel-5-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/epel-5-i386/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=hgs-rebuids-5-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/hgs-rebuids-5-i386/centos-5.5-i386
repo --name=hgs-5-i386 --baseurl=http://spacewalk.internal.example.com/ks/dist/child/hgs-5-i386/centos-5.5-i386
part /boot --fstype=ext2 --size=200 --ondisk=sda --asprimary --label=boot
part pv.01 --size=1024 --grow --ondisk=sda
volgroup ct pv.01
logvol swap --fstype=swap --name=swapvol --vgname=ct --recommended
logvol / --fstype=ext3 --name=rootvol --vgname=ct --size=1024 --grow

%packages
@ Base
@core
# Unneeded "default" packages from @base
-NetworkManager
-bluez-utils
-cryptsetup-luks
-irda-utils
-ksh
-mtools
-pcmciautils
-smartmontools
-talk
-tcsh
-wireless-tools
-ypbind
# Needed optional packages from @base
aide
@editors
@printing
# Do some exceptions (not needed) from @printing:
-hplip
-system-config-printer
# Only install mutt from @text-internet, others not needed
mutt
@ftp-server
# From @mail-server; only needed to reconfigure sendmail
sendmail-cf
# From @system-tools
openldap-clients
# From ?
ntp
xinetd
# VMWare Tools
vmware-tools-nox
# For Spacewalk registration
rhn-setup

# Packages required by Progress/OpenEdge
java-1.6.0-openjdk
oe-common

%pre
# pre_install_network_config generated code

%pre --logfile /tmp/ks-pre.log.1
# resolv.conf setup

%post --nochroot
# copy logs

%post --nochroot --interpreter /usr/bin/python
# get Spacewalk re-activation keys

%post --logfile /root/ks-rhn-post.log
# install Spacewalk keys, prep and register
# disable distribution default repositories
# apply post-activation actions
# post_install_network_config generated code

%post --interpreter /usr/bin/python --logfile /root/ks-post.log.2
# yum config tweaks

%post --logfile /root/ks-post.log.3
# resolv and FQDN setup
# auth setup
# sudoers setup
# TSM service setup
# Progress OpenEdge setup
# Python path setup

%post --interpreter /usr/bin/python --logfile /root/ks-post.log.4
# patch /etc/bashrc

%post

# koan environment setup
# end of generated kickstart file

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12