rh6 kickstart network device and /etc/sysconfig/network

Arnau Bria arnaubria at pic.es
Thu Jun 30 15:42:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've looked into list archives and did not find an exact reference to
my problem, so I'd like to confirm if I have a real problem or not.

*I don't know if this kickstart or rh6 installation problem, so sorry
if this is not the proper list to ask so.

I'm trying to install a new rh6 host with non default netwrok
device (eth1):

so, kickstart line looks like:

network --bootproto=static --device=eth1 --gateway=X.X.X.X
--hostname=hostname --ip=Y.Y.Y.Y
--nameserver=Z.Z.Z.Z --netmask=255.255.255.128
--onboot=on

and the host if installed successfully, but, when I check network conf,
GATEWAY info is not written into /etc/sysconfig/network but
into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 .

is this a desired behaviour? is kickstart involved in this problem?

Cheers,
Arnau