New to Kickstart, trying to add custom packages to DVD Repo.

Mike Partain turbo2007 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 07:13:11 UTC 2011

Hello all and thanks for taking the time to read my question/post.

I am wondering if it is possible to add a custom made RPM to the DVD repository and install it through the %packages portion on RHEL Server 5.4.  I have tried simply copying the files from the CD during the post and had some trouble.  In looking at the packages section it seemed that it would be easier to add it to the Server folder and run createrepo /media/cdrom/Server.

Thanks for any assistance!

Mike Partain