Question about output in the tmp/install.log

Chun Tat David Chu beyonddc.storage at gmail.com
Thu May 5 19:52:06 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have been playing with anaconda for the last couple of days and there's
one thing that I couldn't explain.

In my kickstart file, I specified a package to install using the fully
qualified name... for example "mktemp-1.5-23.2.2.x86_64"

When I review the install.log after the system is build, the package that
was installing is named "mktemp-3:1.5-23.2.2.x86_64" instead of
"mktemp-1.5-23.2.2.x86_64".

When I use rpm to query for that particular package, the package version
that get installed is indeed "mktemp-1.5-23.2.2.x86_64"

Do you know why there's an extra "3:" in the package name in the
install.log?

Thanks!

- David