Monitoring kickstart install status

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Wed May 4 23:59:00 UTC 2011

kickstart can log to a remote syslog daemon. Would that be OK? You could
configure /etc/syslog.conf in %post so that the system logs after first
boot as well.

To log extra stuff, just use the "logger" command. I'm not sure if
"logger" is available during installation, though, but you could copy it
in if needed.

Jason