kickstart from CDROM always brings up the "Enable network Interface"

Menny_Hamburger at Dell.com Menny_Hamburger at Dell.com
Tue Oct 4 14:34:30 UTC 2011

I think you mean ksdevice=eth0 - I tried that together with ip=dhcp noipv6 and it did not work

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Harry Hoffman
Sent: 04 October, 2011 16:30
To: kickstart-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: kickstart from CDROM always brings up the "Enable network Interface"

What happens if you specify a device in your append statement?

ksdev=any   or ksdev=eth0

I should note I'm having the same problem with multiple devices and
ksdev doesn't seem to work. But I'm also setting the networking info and
expect to use the network connection.

It's just that anaconda doesn't seem to want to take the documented
options </shrug>

Cheers,
Harry