Re: Multiple CDs for install

On 09/23/2011 09:17 AM, Hugh Brown wrote:
If you are just downloading the RHEL cd iso images, then you can put
them all in a directory on an nfs server and then set

nfs --server <servername> --dir <absolute path of dir containing isos>

in your kickstart file. Anaconda finds them and switches from one iso
image to the next as it progresses.

However, once the DVDs were made available, I switched to using those
isos instead.

Thanks, to clarify, we have our build, but the resulting folder is larger than what fits on one DVD. It works fine using the http method or even using the ISO to install a VM, but we need to be able to install from physical DVDs as well. Does anyone know of a good reference showing how to split the install across multiple DVDs?

Thanks.

- Daniel