clearpart -all warning

Markus Eyrich me at byteaction.de
Thu Apr 12 13:02:45 UTC 2012

Well, as far as i can see this script doesn't even work in a normal
shell, bash or sh...

  The last line says "read -p "Proceed with install? " install done
clear chvt1 #%end

Now put the whole stuff into a script, the last line (read...) whould
look like this:

read -p "Proceed with install? " install
done (closing while)
clear
chvt1
%end

But still, this doesn't work, you can type what you want, even "yes" and
you won't get out of it, since you now read what is into "install" but
have to action for it. So i made:

read -p "Proceed with install? " install
if [ "$install" = "yes" ] || [ "$install" = "YES" ]; then exit
fi
done
clear
chvt1
%end

That works. Maybe i'm stupid or something, but the original posted
script is not functional ?!?

The complete thing is like that:

%pre
#!/bin/sh
exec < /dev/tty6 > /dev/tty6 2>&1
chvt 6
install="no"
while [ "$install" != "yes" ] || [ "$install" != "YES" ]; do
clear
echo
echo
'********************************************************************************'
echo '*                              W A R N I N
G                                   *'
echo
'*
*'
echo '*       This process will install a completely new operating
system!           *'
echo
'*
*'
echo '*     Do you wish to continue? (Type the entire word "yes" to
proceed.)        *'
echo
'*
*'
echo
echo
read -p "Process with install? " install
if [ "$install" = "yes" ] || [ "$install" = "YES" ]; then
exit
fi
done
chvt 1