installation halts at two different points

Megha Agrawal megha_dtel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 08:24:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am using kickstart to automate CentOS 5.5 installation. I have successfully burnt an iso and installed using this. Next I added a few more packages to this iso and this time when I try installing, it went on smoothly until in the end where it got stuck saying "installing boot loader". Nothing happened afterwards.

I ejected the DVD, put it back and then tried once again - this time installer halts in the very beginning at "Running Anaconda the CentOS system installer .. please wait.. ".

Subsequent attempts keep halting in the beginning at "Running Anaconda the CentOS system installer .. please wait.. ".

What could have been going wrong? I have only added a few packages/rpms this time.

Thank you,

Megha