Keeping up with the changes

Moray Henderson Moray.Henderson at ict-software.org
Wed Feb 1 17:06:14 UTC 2012

Thanks, although it wouldn't work quite that way for us - our servers have
network configured manually at first boot time: they _are_ the dhcp server
for the rest of the network.  However, if ifconfig(8) doesn't help us, ip(8)
should, with perhaps a dip into lspci(8) if necessary.  Might see if there's
anything useful in /sys/class/net or /proc too.  Just would be nice to know
in advance what to look for!

Moray.
"To err is human; to purr, feline."