Keeping up with the changes

Patrick Lists ks-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 30 14:12:13 UTC 2012

On 30-01-12 11:37, Moray Henderson wrote:
> [...]

Read Linux related news sites :) Iirc there were quite a few reports
about biosdevname. See Matt Domsch's blog: http://domsch.com/blog/?p=455
Matt works at Dell which explains the Dell focus. A good way of keeping
up is by tracking Fedora's New Features page of the upcoming Fedora
release on Fedora's wiki. Fedora is usually the first to pick up new
stuff which can/will end up in RHEL (CentOS) as was the case for
biosdevname. Just run Fedora on your desktop and test your RPMs on your
desktop too. If your software uses SysVinit: on Fedora it has already
been replaced by systemd which probably will find its way to RHEL at
some point since it was developed by a Red Hat employee (Lennart
Poettering). A 12 part systemd admin guide:
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/systemd-for-admins-1.html

Regards,
Patrick