fetching kickstart file error in fc 17 install - ks file is on vfat fs

Floydsmith at aol.com Floydsmith at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 19:16:01 UTC 2012

Upon trying to kickstart install fc 17 I get the following  error:
fetching kickstart from /dev/sda1:/k17.ks
warning: unable to  process initqueu
warning: /dev/ram does not exist
Then it drops to a debug  shell.
I boot using DOS 7.10 on sda1 (C:) vfat fs to install as have done
successfully for over 7 years. My image is on a DVD.
My install batch script  uses:
\linld097\linld.com initrd=\17pi.i image=\17pi.k "cl=rw root=/dev/ram
ks=hd:sda1:\k17.ks"
The initrd and kernel are from the install disk.
The  reason I need to use a DOS/linld boot (as opposed to say some other
boot sector  method like SYSLINUX or GRUB) is with my method I can (easily)
switch to  different config.sys file(s) (in scripts) and have linux boot up
(unattended)  three or more times to perform various configuration setups
after the install -  the process takes about 2 hours but is fully automated this
way. At the very end  I can have a script boot up some other OS such as
windows XP.

Floyd,