Anaconda - progress_gui.py

Markus Eyrich me at byteaction.de
Wed Mar 21 09:04:54 UTC 2012

Hi There,

I'm about to build a customized Centos 6 Installer Disc and try to
replace graphics "while" installing. Under CentOS 5 ie. with an older
anaconda release i could place "several" graphics to a folder inside the
anaconda package, they resided in "/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/"
and/or "/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/lang (ie. de)". Those
graphics were displayed while the installer runs and is installing packages.

On Centos 6 (Anaconda 13.21.149) there is still a folder
"/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps" but no folder "rnotes". I tried to create
the folder and put graphics inside, no-go. I tried to create the folder
and a "de" folder (german) under it, put graphics into it, still no-go.

I loooked at the progress_gui.py and if i understand it right, the upper
procedure SHOULD work, but it doesn't.

Anyone got a clue ?

regards,

Markus