Anaconda - progress_gui.py

Wenqi Ma mawenqi108 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:51:16 UTC 2012

Hi,  Markus Eyrich

I am not sure if your problem is same with me.
As I know, in the anaconda (13.21.82) in CentOS 6.0, only
the progress_first.png will be read as the  installation progress
background figure. All pictures in rnotes folder would be never read and
used.

So if only one picture is used as background, you can replace
the progress_first.png. But if you have multiple pictures to switch over
between each other, there is no easy way unless migrating the code from
older anaconda in CentOS 5.

在 2012年3月21日 下午5:04,Markus Eyrich <me at byteaction.de>写道:

>  Hi There,
>
> I'm about to build a customized Centos 6 Installer Disc and try to replace
> graphics "while" installing. Under CentOS 5 ie. with an older anaconda
> release i could place "several" graphics to a folder inside the anaconda
> package, they resided in "/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/" and/or
> "/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps/rnotes/lang (ie. de)". Those graphics were
> displayed while the installer runs and is installing packages.
>
> On Centos 6 (Anaconda 13.21.149) there is still a folder
> "/usr/share/anaconda/pixmaps" but no folder "rnotes". I tried to create the
> folder and put graphics inside, no-go. I tried to create the folder and a
> "de" folder (german) under it, put graphics into it, still no-go.
>
> I loooked at the progress_gui.py and if i understand it right, the upper
> procedure SHOULD work, but it doesn't.
>
> Anyone got a clue ?
>
> regards,
>
> Markus