Crete Volgroup from anaconda ks using the whole disk

Francisco Javier Lloreda Sanchez flloreda at redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 11:31:51 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Has someone managed to create a volume group from a kickstart that uses
the whole disk and not a partition ?

I tried to create the pv, vg and lv from a pre script and then use the
--useexisting flag for logvol and anaconda complains about the vg is not
created and I guess is because I didn't use the volgroup command in the
partitioning section.
If I use the volgroup tag with --useexisting in the partitioning section
I'm forced to use a list of partitions that is what I'm triying to
avoid....

So any suggestions?

Thanks

Francisco Javier Lloreda