Conditional partitioning/formatting of device possible

Fred van Zwieten fvzwieten at vxcompany.com
Mon Jan 21 07:29:38 UTC 2013

Hi there,

Is there a possibility in the kickstart syntax to partition/format a
device, but only if it's not already partitioned/formatted.

Use case: I have a server with a data disk. First time deployment it should
be partitioned and formatted. Second time, the data partition must be left
as is and only mounted.

I now about --noformat, but how to make that conditional?

If not possible, I must use %post. Any examples on how to do this there
using bash or python?

Regards,

Fred