Best/right way to trigger manual partitioning?

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Mon Oct 21 16:49:26 UTC 2013

Two questions, related to partitioning in F18 kickstarts:

1. Why does the GUI still pop up a window asking if I want to initialize
the drives when I've already included "clearpart --all --initlabel" in
my kickstart? Is there a way to stop this?

2. What's the best way to trigger manual partitioning from a kickstart?
We're a cobbler-based shop and for 90% of our systems, our cobbler
kickstart templates do the trick. But every now and again, we have one
that has a strange number of drives or something, and it's not worth it
to us to script all those. We'd rather just manually partition them and
move on.

Thanks!

-- *
Bret Wortman*