Re: %include issues

> What I would like to is make a single kickstart file that could be used for both Cobbler/net based and DVD based installations.  I added > some logic to the %pre section to adjust but it doesn’t seem to be working.  Logic is listed below.   The logic works when I test it

> outside of kickstart but the kickstart doesn’t seem to be interpreting the $basepath variable.  When I interrupt a kickstart using a ctl-f2

> and look at /tmp/ks.cfg it just shows the base kickstart file and not an interpreted one.  Any help would be appreciated.  If any ideas on

> how to accomplish the same thing are out the please let me know.

> %pre

> #!/bin/bash

> if [ `/bin/grep cdrom /proc/cmdline | wc -l` -gt 0 ]

> then

> touch /tmp/yes_cdrom

> basepath=/mnt/stage2/ks/

> else

> touch /tmp/no_cdrom

> basepath=http://10.0.0.100/

> fi

> %include "${basepath}includes/disk_choose"

Don't think you can use %include in a %pre section.  As this section is being parsed by /bin/bash.  But you can accomplish the

same effect by using bash-based syntax.

[[ -f /tmp/yes_cdrom ]] && cat ${basepath}includes/disk_choose > /tmp/disk_choose || (cd /tmp; wget ${basepath}includes/disk_choose)

then in your main ks.cfg section:

     %include /tmp/disk_choose

Spike