RHEL 5/6/7 Kickstart Options

Hello,

I’m working on Kickstart scripts targeted towards RHEL 5/6/7 and I would like to make them all as portable and reusable as possible. I understand some options and flags were added in newer releases of Anaconda but I cannot find documentation stating which options were added in which Anaconda version. A “works with RHEL {version}” would also help.

My current question is this, for package selection I would like to also install optional packages using the --optional parameter at  %packages --optional but for a RHEL6 installs Anaconda throws the error “no such option: --optional

Is the --optional parameter not available for RHEL6 installs?

######################

# Package Selection  #

######################

#Core Packages