RHEL 5/6/7 Kickstart Options

Mr. Pushpendra Chavan chavanpushpendra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 22:47:13 UTC 2014

Hello Brandon,

You are actually doing it wrong. You should try the following way.

*%packages at group1@group2 --nodefaults at group3
--optionalpackage1package2-package3*

The option --optional shall be used with the package group not with
%packages section. The same is available in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6[1]
and 7[2] as well.

A link[3] from Fedora Documentation also explains about it.

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#s1-kickstart2-packageselection
​

​[2]