Partition siizes in percent (without using LVM)

Angus Clarke angus.clarke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:48:00 UTC 2016

If I understand your problem correctly, you must label the disk as "gpt"
which will allow you to specify larger (>2TB) filesystems. Other gotchas:
don't use fdisk (doesn't support gpt style partition tables) - use parted
instead (not sure if you need to do this in a %pre section or if the
default "part" parameter supports gpt in rhel6+)

I used the following once:

%pre
# Partition alignment
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=512 count=1
parted -s /dev/sda mklabel gpt
parted -s /dev/sda mkpart primary 2048s 1050624s
parted -s /dev/sda mkpart primary 1052672s 100%

Note the firs partition starts at 2048 (required for gpt)

Hope that helps
Angus