Re: Detecting boot drive

have you thought about trying to find it by UUID or Label?  I had a similar issue in a kickstart where I could not determine the boot drive while making a USB boot image.  I ended up formatting the drives with a specific LABEL and using that in the kickstart instead of using sda/sdb/etc...

Andrew Simpson