Detecting boot drive

Richard Neuboeck hawk at tbi.univie.ac.at
Mon Feb 1 08:20:27 UTC 2016

I would suggest creating a pre install script that finds the correct
boot device by querying all available devices until you find one
that meets your constraints. You can use either udevadm or try to
find some information directly in /sys.

i.e.

for i in /sys/block/[sv]d?
do
  dev=$(basename $i)

  # next if it's an usb device
  if udevadm info --query=path --name=$dev | grep -q -e '/usb'
  then
    # Ignoring $dev since it's an usb device
    continue
  fi

  # do something else
done