moving kickstart forward

EXT-Askew, R W r.w.askew at boeing.com
Mon Mar 7 20:31:23 UTC 2016

Bill Askew
PCS Technical Lead
281-226-6920

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Chris Lumens
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2016 12:33 PM
To: kickstart-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: moving kickstart forward

> Per requirements our application is installed standalone via DVD.
> %pre : we only do --log= .  No custom stuff done here.
> %post : we use --log= and this is where we do the custom software installation and configuration.

What kind of custom installation are you doing that prevents using the repo command with extra stuff in the %packages section?  Is there anything we could do to let this work for you?
[[rwa]] much of what we are doing is not in packages. Nor in a repo. We copy files; change permissions things like that.
I am not sure if we could do it all in the packages section.  It would require quite a bit of work to change our build process if we can.
Are you proposing that the %pre and %post sections be done away with?

> I have tried using a USB stick but, KS or anaconda get lost on where the files are when going to %post.  It would be nice if this work like the DVD install.

Hm, could you give me more information on what's happening here?
Thanks!

- Chris