moving kickstart forward

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 19:08:48 UTC 2016

> For our test / dev sandbox, PXE boot menu options that specify build
> parameters via the ks=URI to a php script i.e.
> MACHINE_TYPE=vm,phy_hp,phy_ucs DISK_TYPE=flat,lvm DISK_SIZE=sm,med,large...
> sometimes one-off's for specific builds based on hostname via dhcp reserved
> ip address to be able to rebuild the same box over and over again for
> testing.

Would your setup be simplified by the suggestion that's come up several
times in this thread - that we collect information from the target
system and both provide it to the server where the kickstart file lives,
and to the environment where the kickstart file runs?

> Use %post to wget mgmt stuff - sudoers, ssh-keys, repo setup & security
> validation & the like

I'd be interested in more specifics here.  I think probably a lot of
people are doing similar sorts of stuff and I'm happy to make kickstart
commands for common things.  That's where the group, user, and services
commands came from years ago.

- Chris