nvidia-detect during kickstart + issue with xorg-x11-glamor el7

Andrew Simpson simpsonar77 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 21:13:13 UTC 2017

Is it possible to use nvidia-detect in the %pre section of a kickstart?  I
would like to be able to support different systems with various nvidia
cards and need to be able to determine which nvidia drivers to install.

I was hoping to do this in the %pre section, but nvidia-detect is provided
as a binary application via rpm.  pretty certain I can't do this in %pre
and will have to punt to %post.

Also, per many suggestions, I am removing xorg-x11-glamor as it conflicts
with the nvidia elrepo drivers.  It seems to be also removing the nvidia
drivers.  Not sure why, and only started seeing this on recent installs of
RHEL 7

Andrew Simpson