Howto create installation image.

Madper xiechj at mail2.sysu.edu.cn
Wed Jul 19 14:47:32 UTC 2017

Hey guys,

I'm trying to port centos7 to our arm64 server. My goal is creating an installation image which execs anaconda directly after boot.
Currently, I'm using `livemedia-creator --make-iso --no-virt --ks centos.ks`[1] on an arm64 centos docker. The livemedia-creator is cloned from lorax git tree.(rhel7-branch)
However the generated boot.iso is a LiveOS. Which runs into shell directly without executing anaconda.
Also I found the livemedia-creator will use tmpl files under /usr/share/lorax/live which are designed for live image. The tmpl files outside of live directory seems designed for installation image. However I can't make them work after I specify them with --lorax-templates . It seems there are some syntax issue with the tmpl files. And even if I fix the syntax issue I can't generate a bootable iso.

May I know how to creating the installation image? Is livemedia-creator the correct tool to do that? Do I need to grab a special tmpl files from somewhere?

[1]: https://github.com/CentOS/AltArch/blob/master/aarch64/kickstarts/CentOS-7-aarch64-diskimage.ks

Thanks a lot in advance,
Madper