--ignoremissing and other %package line controls.

C. Petro petro at cpetro.us
Thu Jun 14 15:17:21 UTC 2018

I've been trying to build a custom RHEL7 ISO for installing secure(ish)
servers in a DMZ.

Basically I am trying to minimize the packages installed. I had a working
set based on RHEL 7.2, and tried to just copy that package list and use
RHEL7.5. Of course, dependencies have changed.

So I tried to add:

%packages --ignoremissing

Which did not work--it still attempts to access a non-local repo and
install additional packages--10 tries at 30 seconds each!

So I set:
%packages --ignoremissing --retries=2 --timeout=2

And got no behavior change.

What am I missing here?

Regards,
Petro.