[kpatch] can't set ftrace filter

Somdeep Das somdeep at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:14:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have been trying out kpatch for some time now. I was able to create,
install and load a patch successfully for my simple device driver. So far
so good. Next, I tried to patch a bit more complex kernel module having
multiple object files. I then created and installed the patch using the
kpatch tools but while loading the patch I am hitting an issue. Kpatch is
reporting the following error:
kpatch: can't set ftrace filter at address <some address>

I did some investigation and reached to a conclusion that
ftrace_match_addr() is returning -22 (-EINVAL) as ftrace_location() is
failing to find the target function’s address in ftrace table.

I would be really grateful if I can get any help on resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Somdeep Das

--
50|V|[)33|>