[kpatch] can't set ftrace filter

Josh Poimboeuf jpoimboe at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 14:33:17 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:42:00AM +0530, Somdeep Das wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> First of all, a big thanks for your swift reply.
>
> The issue got resolved :). I had been building the "complex" module
> wrongly. I was building the third argument of create-diff-object (which is
> the .ko file) with KCFLAGS="-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections" set. This
> is not to be done apparently. I unset the KCFLAGS while building the .ko
> file and everything went smoothly.
>
> Thanks again :).

Glad it worked!  It sounds like you're calling create-diff-object
directly, in order to create a patch for an out-of-tree module.  Is that
right?  If so, nicely done.  Would you mind sharing the steps you took?
That might be some good info for the README.  Or could possibly even be
a nice feature to add to kpatch-build.

--
Josh