[Libguestfs] daemon/ warnings

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 10:11:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 11:09:01AM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:15:45AM +0100, Matthew Booth wrote:
> > In general, I would like to get down to no compiler warnings. The
> > biggest culprit in daemon, though, is rpcgen generated stuff.
>
> In libvirt we have some Perl scripts that attempt to rewrite the
> output of rpcgen-generated code to remove warnings.
>
> It's quite a bit of hassle though, and of course depends closely on
> the version of rpcgen (which is enforced in libvirt I think).
>
> Personally I'd prefer it if we could compile the rpcgen code with
> -Wno-unused -fno-strict-alias.  However automake doesn't support
> providing CFLAGS for just a single file.

You could compile a libtool convenience library with just the rpcgen
code, and then link that to the real library. That would let you set
CFLAGS for that the mini rpcgen code, and the end result would be the
same since the rpcgen mini lib would be statically linked into the
main library during build

Daniel