[Libguestfs] [ANNOUNCE] Version 1.0.56 released

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 20:01:06 UTC 2009

Just a note that I released version 1.0.56 yesterday.  The main reason
for doing a release was a large number of RHEL 5 fixes that allowed me
to actually get an EPEL build out.

The source is here: http://libguestfs.org/download/
and Fedora 11, 12 and EPEL 5 binaries are here:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=8391

There are some experimental, internal changes in this release which
could do with testing.  Amongst them:

 - tab completion in guestfish now completes files and devices on
   the filesystem being inspected (not in the host filesystem as before)
   [* this one could potentially cause crashes in guestfish - please test
      and report any problems! *]

 - a big change to the code generator so that in future we'll be able
   to add structures to the API much more easily

 - lots more regression tests, testing corner cases in the
   library <-> daemon protocol

 - you should be able to build in a separate directory (Matt Booth)

 - lots of changes to the Debian port (Guido Gunther)

 - lots of code cleanups (Jim Meyering)

Full changelog:
http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=libguestfs.git;a=shortlog

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)