[Libguestfs] virt-v2v

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jul 26 17:13:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:45:43PM +0100, Matthew Booth wrote:
> I've attached v2v/STATUS. There's still a bit to do. I'm not yet
> proposing this for inclusion, just discussion.

Status/doc files there are fine, as long as they are kept up to date
or removed as soon as they are no longer necessary.  So this file
should be committed, or if you prefer, integrated into the top-level
TODO file.

> Apart from the tool itself, I think there's mileage in considering how
> the functionality of Sys::Guestfs::Lib could be given more structure. I
> think there's considerable mileage in moving much of Sys::Guestfs::Lib
> into Sys::Guestfs::GuestOS.

Agreed, in fact necessary.  Having duplicate code is a terrible idea.

> POD everywhere

Documentation is very important - and unfortunately tends not to get
written if the code goes in first.  So I propose that we don't allow
any contributions to go upstream unless they have full POD.

> Online help for module specific options

What are you proposing for this?  Most stuff is documented by manual
pages, which I think is perfectly sufficient.  Also the manpages get
copied to the website (if that was what you meant by "Online").

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/